2022-23 Medical Extensions
1 Min Read
Written by Rob Bolton @RobBoltonGolf
Medicals extensions in order of the 2022-23 PGA TOUR Priority Ranking
• Nick Hardy … In the fourth-to-last start on his Minor Medical Extension, he fulfilled its terms with a three-way T67 at the Fortinet Championship. As a result, he will play out of no worse than Category 22 of the Priority Ranking for the remainder of the season.
• Scott Gutschewski … In the only start on his Minor Medical Extension, he finished in a two-way T59 at the Butterfield Bermuda Championship. He failed to fulfill its terms by 125.529 FedExCup points and fell short of the threshold for conditional status by 11.941 FedExCup points. As a result, he no longer has status on the PGA TOUR.
• Chris Stroud … In the last start on his medical extension in the Graduate Reshuffle, he missed the cut at The Honda Classic. He failed to fulfill its terms by 289.515 FedExCup points and fell short of the threshold for conditional status by 136.297 FedExCup points. As a result, the Past Champion has been demoted to Category 34 in the Priority Ranking.
• Kyle Stanley … In the last start on his Major Medical Extension, he finished 71st at the Valero Texas Open. He failed to fulfill its terms by 197.089 FedExCup points and fell short of the threshold for conditional status by 83.501 FedExCup points. As a result, the Past Champion has been demoted to Category 34 in the Priority Ranking.
* - In the field at the Memorial Tournament presented by Workday as of May 26.
|Golfer||Category||# played||FedExCup points earned||# remaining||FedExCup points remaining||FedExCup points remaining -- Conditional Status|
Rob Bolton is a Golfbet columnist for the PGA TOUR. The Chicagoland native has been playing fantasy golf since 1994, so he was just waiting for the Internet to catch up with him. Follow Rob Bolton on Twitter.